The Latest Staycation Ideas
There are always a lot of fun things going on at the Louisville Mega Cavern aside from just the cave exploration. One of the fun an exhilarating things to do is to take on the Mega Quest. It’s a challenging ropes and obstacle course with 76 different challenges through a network of ropes in the underground cavern. The course is designed for those ages 5 and older. Now you will need a separate ticket in order to take on this challenge. Before you get your ticket though, here are some tips and suggestions on things that you can do which should help you to save even more money off the total cost of your adventure. This of course includes a listing of the latest known coupons which should save you even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- Tackle the Mega Quest during the week and save. If you visit Monday through Friday you can save $4 off the cost of your ticket.
- If you are in the military then just show your military ID and you can save $6 off the cost of your Mega Quest ticket.
- If you are a college student you can also get the same $6 discount so long as you show your student ID.
- Be sure to check for coupon codes. You should see a coupon code box at the top of the checkout page. Just enter your coupon in there and then click apply and you should see the discount appear below.
- Pick up a copy of the Kentucky Family Savings Magazine. They sometimes have coupons inside for activities at the Louisville Mega Cavern.
- Get together a group of 12 or more people and everyone in the group saves $10 off the cost of each person’s ticket.
Now if you are visiting the caverns in general then be sure to first check out the Louisville Mega Caverns coupons which should help you to save even more money off the cost of your admissions.
Join everyone at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Fairfield for the Murder Mystery Dinner. This is not like any dinner though. This is a dinner where you are a part of the show. The murder mystery dinner show is hosted by professional actors that interact with the guests. You have to help solve the murder or else you might find yourself a part of the storyline. Now you will need to get your tickets ahead of time in order to reserve your spot. You can do so online but before you do you will want to make sure that you take advantage of any savings or coupon opportunities.
To get this discount you just take the code given after your purchase and enter it into the voucher code box during checkout on the Grimprov site. Now if you miss out on this deal then you can also check out Amazon Local. They too offer deals for the Cincinnati area and often offer promotions where you can save over 50% off the cost of your tickets for the Murder Mystery Dinner.
The Murder Mystery Company also does private parties as well. They offer party hosting services for corporations, small businesses, organizations, and even kids birthday parties.
For over 20 years it has been a Christmas tradition to see the Alleen Company’s Holiday In Lights at Sharon Woods. This year you will see fantastic holiday themed displays depicting everything from Santa Claus and his tiny little elves to virtually every animal known. The Holiday In Lights at Sharon Woods is open nightly from 6 – 9pm during the week and until 10pm on the weekends and runs all the way until December 31st. Tickets are just available on site but there are coupons available that you can print out and take with you when you go.
There is bit of savings with groups that arrive in vans and buses. Admission is $13 per vehicle and then there is a charge of $45 for buses and 15 passenger vans. You can also follow the Holiday In Lights on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and will sometimes even post coupons that you can print out and bring with you on your visit. So go ahead. Pack the car, turn the heat on, and crank up the radio to WARM 98 and listen to holiday music as you make your way through the Holiday in Lights.
This Christmas, take a magical journey through a Winter Wonderland all the way to the North Pole at the EnterTRAINment Junction. See the Elf Workshop, reindeer, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus! Make Christmas at the EnterTRAINment Junction a part of your family tradition. The event runs all the way through January 5th. Tickets are available right now both online at the EnterTRAINment Junction, but before you get your tickets you might want to take just a moment to read over all of the tips which are shown below. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission.
Tips & Coupons
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can sometimes save as much as 50% off the total cost of your admission to the Christmas at EnterTRAINment Junction.
- If you purchase your tickets online through the EnterTRAINment Junction you can save $2 on your admission versus the walk up ticket price.
- If you connect your American Express card and then check in to the Christmas at EnterTRAINment Junction while paying with your American Express card you can actually get a $5 credit on your bill for your tickets.
- Of course when you do purchase your Christmas at EnterTRAINment Junction tickets online, be sure to check for coupon codes first. You should notice a coupon code box at the bottom right side of the checkout page. Enter the coupon here and then click GO. You should see the discount appear right below.
Now if you are visiting the EnterTRAINment Junction at any other time of the year then you will want to first check out the EnterTRAINment Junction Coupons to make sure that you are getting the absolute most savings possible on your admission costs.
Every holiday season, one of the biggest and best events of the year is the PNC Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. Highlights for the 2013 PNC Festival of Lights include the Wild Lights Show on Swan Lake, S’mores-N-More, the Madcap Black-Light Puppet Show, the North Polar Express Train Ride, Fairyland, and of course Santa. All of this will be decorated with more than 2 million lights. The 2013 PNC Festival of Lights runs from November 23rd through January 4th from 5pm to 9pm Sunday through Thursday and from 5pm to 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. The only days the event is closed is on Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Tips & Coupons
- Sams Club is the official PNC Festival of Lights Refreshment Provider. If you are a member of the Cincinnati Zoo and renew your Sams Club membership you will get a free gift card.
- Stop by a Cincinnati area UDF location and check to see if they have any coupons for the 2013 PNC Festival of Lights. In the past they offer coupons good for half off admission on select nights of the season.
- Check with the Cincinnati USA Convention and Visitors Bureau. They offer a few coupons for area attractions which sometimes includes a discount for the 2013 PNC Festival of Lights.
- If you are a student or faculty member of the University of Cincinnati then purchase your tickets using the promo code Cheetah to get $7 off the cost of your admission to the 2013 PNC Festival of Lights.
Outside of the 2013 PNC Festival of Lights you can still save on your admission to the Cincinnati Zoo in a number of other ways. Before you visit or purchase your tickets you will want to first check out Cincinnati Zoo coupons so that you can save a little extra money on your admission.
Every fall, one of the very best Halloween events around is the one at the Kings Island theme park. During the week the theme park is closed but on the weekend the theme park awakens into the Kings Island Halloween Haunt. Attractions this year include mazes, terrifying creatures, scare zones like the Backwoods Bayou, Board to Death, Delta Delta Die, Ed Alonzo’s Psycho Circus, and more. Now your general admission does include your admission to the Halloween Haunt which begins around 6pm every evening. You can purchase your tickets online too but before you do, be sure to read over the tips which are shown below. These should help you to save just a little extra money off your admission. You will also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Kings Island Halloween Haunt listed below as well which can help you to save even more money on your admission to this Halloween event.
Tips & Coupons
- If you buy your tickets for the Halloween Haunt online you can save $13 off the cost of your admission compared to the admission price at the gate.
- If you are buying your tickets online then be sure to check for promo codes. You should see a promo code box at the top right. Enter the coupon in that box and then click go. You should see the discount appear in the ticket price. You can try the promo code KISHELLY for 10% off your ticket purchase.
- Visit the Kings Island Halloween Haunt on Fridays and save an additional $6 versus the Saturday night admission rate to the event.
Group tickets are available for groups of 15 or more people. At last check you save about $15 per ticket with the group discount rate. There is also the Fright Lane Pass that is available. Upgrade to this and you skip right to the front of the line.
The YMCA’s Camp Kern is just about 30 minutes away so it makes for a very easy day trip to include on your staycation. Make plans to visit and take part in the Ozone Zipline Adventures. This is a tree top tour that takes you above the canopy of the Miami River Valley. Tours are operated 7 days a week, all year round and each tour takes about 2.5 hours to complete. It’s both fun and educational. Before you book your zipline tour though, here are just a few other ways that you could save a little extra money off the total cost of your zipline adventures. You will also see a listing of the latest coupons for the Ozone Zipline Adventures listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are making your reservations online then look for promotional codes. On the checkout page right below the itinerary is a promotional code box. Enter the coupon there and then click apply promotional code. You should then see the discount appear in the order total.
- Check with the Warren County Visitor’s Bureau. They have a few coupons for area attractions and activities which includes discounts for the Ozone Zipline Adventures. At last check they had a coupon good for 15% off a zipline adventure when you enter the promotional code WCCVB. You can also check with the Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Take advantage of the mid week specials. Take a zipline tour on a Wednesday and you will pay significantly less for your tour versus the regular cost of the zipline tour.
- Bring a Scout or Guide group and everyone in the group will receive a discount on their zipline adventure.
- Be sure to follow the YMCA Camp Kern on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons for your next zipline adventure.
Every year there is something new at the Kings Island Amusement Park. This year is no different. The highlight this year is the Sauroposeidon dinosaur. It is the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur. This is part of the whole new Dinosaurs Alive! part of Kings Island. Now if you are planning a staycation and want to include a trip to Kings Island for your staycation then keep reading. You’ll find a listing of the lastest coupons and discounts on tickets for the residents of the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are a member of the local UAW then purchase your Kings Island tickets through the organization. You can save an additional $5 off your admission to the amusement park.
- If you are active duty military just show your military ID and you can save $6 off your admission. You may want to call ahead of time to verify that this discount is still being offered.
- If you are a member of Emery Federal Credit Union, just enter kiemeryfcu into the promo code box when purchasing your Kings Island tickets and you will receive an additional discount on your tickets.
- If you are an employee or customer of LorMar Auto Group you can actually purchase discounted tickets to Kings Island and get an additional discount. Just check with the LorMar Auto Group for the current promo code to use.
- Get the Admission & Dining Plan Combo from Kings Island. For just $10 more than the regular price of admission you can get one meal and one snack while you are at the amusement park.
- Visit the Kings Island amusement park after 5pm and you can save $16 off the cost of a general admission ticket.
- If you are an employee of the Shelly Company just enter kishelly into the promo code box for your special discount on tickets to the Kings Island amusement park.
There’s still about a month left until the grand re-opening of The Beach Waterpark in Mason, Ohio. It officially re-opens on May 18th but you can go ahead and purchase your season tickets at a discounted price. Get your 2013 season passes through Livingsocial and you can save 49% off the total cost of each season pass to the Beach Waterpark.
Now if you miss out on the season pass deal you can still save on single day admissions. Check with the Warren County Convention & Visitors Bureau. They offer a few coupons for attractions throughout the state of Ohio, which includes a $5 off coupon for the Beach Waterpark.
Of course you can always sign up for the Beach Waterpark email newsletter and / or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest. They will keep you up to date on the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons. You will see a coupon code box right below the order summary on the checkout page. Enter the code here and then click apply coupon code and you should see your discount appear right above.
Take river cruise with Cincinnati’s premier riverboat cruise operator, BB Riverboats. Choose from dining cruises, sightseeing cruises, holiday cruises, special event cruises, and more. Now if you are planning a staycation in Cincinnati one of the things you may want to consider is getting a yearlong membership to BB Riverboats. It covers unlimited admissions to the pirate themed riverboat cruise, featuring a treasure map and activities. You also get discounted rates on lunch and dinner cruises. It’s definitely worth the price and even more so if you purchase the deal through Groupon.
The BB Riverboats family membership is good for the entire year, expire on January 1st, 2014. BB Riverboats puts on fantastic events and packages that are great fun for everyone. They especially have some great programs that are specially tailored for families with kids. They offer kids cruises, birthday parties, and more. For specific money tips and coupons for all other riverboat cruises with BB Riverboats, just check out the post HERE. And don’t forget to go ahead and join Club BB. It is free to join and you can do so online. Get the latest news, deals, and special discounts intended for members of Club BB only.